High Security Key Systems
Action Lock-South Georgian Bay
What makes a lock High Security?
There are several items to discuss when we talk about a High Security lock...
- Pick-proofing the lock
- The use of shaped top pins limits a locks vulnerability to picking
- If a lock uses wafers, levers or gears as opposed to standard pins it can be very difficult to pick
- The shape of the keyway can be used to prevent picking as well by limiting the space available for picking the lock
- Drill-proofing the lock
- Adding hardened steel armor plates to protect the lock body and cylinder from drilling attacks
- Inserting hard steel ball bearings that roll when you try to drill through them
Using hardened steel shackles on padlocks to prevent grinder attacks falls in this category as well.
- Restricted Keyways
- We offer several restricted keyways – including MX, CX5, LSDA and coming soon Medeco
- If you can simply walk down to the hardware store and copy your key then so can anyone else who has access to it
- We require a signed authorization card in order to make copies of the keys
- Added Locking Features
- Some locks use side bars with machined grooves in the key. This is essentially a lock inside of a lock approach and is very effective
- Lock durability can provide better security. A Grade 1 or 2 lock will withstand much more brute force without permitting entry than a Grade 3 lock will. Locks are graded...
- Institutional / Commercial
- Commercial / Residential
- Residential / Entry Level
- If you compare the design of a deadbolt against a standard keyed entry knob the deadbolt, by virtue of the basic design, offers a much higher level of security than a simple locking knob set.
Restricted Key Control
The most economical restricted keyway available the LSDA key simply prevents unauthorized persons from copying the keys. These are not available at hardware stores you simply must return to a locksmith to make copies of the keys.
If you have concerns about past employees still having access to properties such as contractors, care givers, maintenance workers and babysitters then this is the keyway for you.
This keyway does not offer other high security features but is a very economical solution.
MX Series High Security Locks
Restricted Key Control
MX Series steps ahead of the competition by offering one of the most competitively priced Key Control Services available. You no longer have to worry about unauthorized copies of your keys being made without your knowledge. MX Series is a strictly controlled keyway of propriety design with control of distributing.
Control the Keys to Your Property
Unauthorized key duplication at hardware stores and home centers is easy. You'll sleep well with the knowledge that you're in control of the keys to your property.
Higher Level of Security
Many manufacturers produce locks that can be picked in less than 60 seconds. With the MX Series, a few special pins make picking the locks extremely difficult for even the most experienced locksmith.
CX5 High Security
Managed Key Control
CX5 key control policies are strictly enforced and keyways are geographically managed preventing the widespread availability of specific key blanks. Duplicate keys are obtained with authorization card and signature verification.
Multiple Locking Points
CX5 cylinders have a secondary point of locking control which results in a key cylinder that is virtually bump proof and pick resistant.
Added Internal Protection
CX5 cylinders are made with enhanced internal protection features of hardened steel pins. This decreases the likeliness that top pins or sidebar pins can be compromised by drilling or other physical attacks.